Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Daisyʻs Mission - Week 7

2/1/16:  So we didnʻt realize that we would be hearing from Daisy on a Monday.  So far her Pdays have caught us off guard on a few occasions but we pretty much knew it would be on a Tuesday or a Thursday.  We didnʻt expect to hear from her today, although we are very glad since we knew tomorrow, Tuesday 2/2/16 would be her travel day leaving the Mexico MTC and flying to Salem Oregon.  Anyway, weʻre grateful to have gotten these pictures and to have heard from her on her LAST DAY at the MTC.  Enjoy her pics, captions and email below!

thank you so much for the donuts mom! I love you so much! 

Heading to Salem, Oregon!!

Zone 8

Hermana Tanuvasa and I

my branch, with Presidente Fisk


Goodbyes have always been hard for me and I don´t think they will get any easier. The least I could do was make the candy leis for them.
 
my district with my 2 morning teachers, Hermana Barraza y Hermano Medina
Hermana Terry and I with my afternoon teacher, Hermano Cayetano (he was my favorite teacher)
 Sisters in District 8

 Elders in District 8

Our Missionary!!  We sure do love her!


Email received on 2/1/16

Aloha family and friends!

I can´t believe how fast the time has gone. Today is my last day here in the Mexico MTC. I leave early tomorrow morning and should be getting to Oregon tomorrow night. I have a ton of emotions right now and I don´t know if Iʻm more excited or nervous to get out on the mission field. This week I´ve had a ton of orientations and training that will help when I leave the MTC. It´s been really hard saying goodbye to everyone, especially my district and teachers. We had a testimony meeting Sunday evening with all the missionaries leaving this week. It was so nice hearing the testimonies from so many of my good friends and seeing each of them grow and strengthen that light of Christ within them. I got homesick because saying goodbye to everyone here at the MTC reminded me of when I once, not too long ago, left and said goodbye to all of you. I know though that He will lift us from our trials and burdens if we continue to have faith and trust in Him. At Sacrament Meeting I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, and my district sang "We´ll Bring the World His Truth." My branch has given me so much support and help and I wish that we could all just go to the same mission. I also made a ton of candy leis, and everyone enjoyed them. I loved my experience here at the Mexico MTC, but can´t wait for what the future has for me. I hope that each of you had an amazing week, and thank you for all the emails, letters, and love. I know that there is no greater thing that I could be doing right now than sharing this true gospel to the world. I miss and love each of you!

Con amor,
Hermana Aiwohi

No comments:

Post a Comment