Thursday, January 14, 2016

Daisyʻs Mission - Week 4

Week 4 Email from Daisy - Received 1/14/16

ALOHA fam and friends,
wow, this has been an amazing week! the days have just gone by faster and faster. I am learning so much. The Lord really does work miracles. I can basically speak anything to do with the gospel in Spanish, but when it comes to anything else I cannot. it's so funny how things work! everyday is amazing and the mtc almost feels like home, but not quite. new missionaries come and leave every week. some of my best friends left this past week, it was a little hard saying goodbye. I have made so many friends here and my district is like my family! so one of the big events this week was...I got another companion...yes, again! so now i am not in a trio and my new companion is Hermana Hawkins. she was supposed to leave this week to go to her mission in Washington, but because of her health they extended her stay 2 more weeks in the mtc. she fainted 4 times last week and she often gets dizzy, and is weak, but she is amazing. she is such a strong person and has so much love for this gospel that she is willing to do anything to continue on to her mission. going home is not an option for her. I love my new companion and it honestly was a blessing from God that I have her since my previous companion was not the greatest. I try to help her as much as I can like carry her bags or book, grab her meals for her, let her hold on to me while we walk, and comfort her as much as i can. everyone has said that i am such a great companion for her because I'm always happy. i guess when she was with her old companion who left, she was always sad, but now with me she is always cheerful. it is true though, i always have a happy spirit and a bright smile on my face. i love my companion, Hermana Hawkins so much, and i would really appreciate it if you could pray that she may be healthy. everyday we go to the mtc doctors, and they still don't know whatʻs wrong with her, i just wish i could do anything to make her all better again. anyways, i had my worse teaching experience yesterday...it was bad!!!!!! so i wanted to share a scripture that helped me confirm that serving a mission was the lords plan for me, but i totally said the wrong chapter and verse and our investigator read it, and gave this weird face. i didn't realize it was the wrong scripture till the investigator started reading it! it was talking about destructing if you didn't repent. my companion and I tried so hard not to laugh, and when she finished reading, i just completely went along with it and just said yup so when you read the book of Mormon you will feel the spirit, and we ended our lesson. yup, it was so embarrassing! I am having so much fun here and i miss each of you dearly. have a great week!
Hermana Aiwohi

Daisy with the Packages we sent her via http://missionarypackagemx.com
They are awesome!!  We are so glad we found out about this site.  You can send Daisy letters free that they print and deliver to her the next day.  Just email: mpm.letters@gmail.com  Put Sis Daisy Aiwohi in the subject and just send your letter.  You can even include pictures.  They will print it in black and white and deliver it to her.  She loves hearing from all of you so take advantage of this service while sheʻs in the Mexico MTC!!  Mahalo to those who already have!

Her district enjoying the Krispy Kreme donuts we sent her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment