Monday, January 11, 2016

Daisyʻs Mission - Week 3

First:  Just wanted to add what the Ward ordered for Daisy.  They are starting to do this for all missionaries serving from our ward.  It will be hanging at church and given to Daisy when she returns.  

This week we had a little scare when we didnʻt hear from Daisy on her normal PDay.  We knew she was  in good hands but as a mom I couldnʻt help but wonder if she was ok.  I had to pray and just trust in the Lord and have faith that all was well.  Then 2 days later we got this email!  We were so happy to hear from her.

Week 3 Email from Daisy:

Subject: My Pday got Switched

Hey everyone!
I'm so sorry that I didn't email you guys on Tuesday. I was looking forward to having my day off and getting to talk to you guys, but around 8PM Mondaynight, someone from the MTC presidency told us that our Pday would be switched to Thursday. Im not sure if its every changed to every Thursday now, but I was so bummed that it got changed. It was because everyone in my district except me and one other person needed to get their visa stuff because their missions are in Mexico. But yeah it was really confusing, but I am just so glad that now I get to email you guys! Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR! feliz ano nuevo! I just sent a bunch of letter home to you guys, but it will probably take 2 weeks before you guys get it. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I wish I could have popped some fireworks and watched to ball drop. The Mexicans here love fireworks! Every night theirs firework shows, but on new years it was so crazy. They were blowing stuff up all day long. It sounded like I was in the Hunger Games. You know when their in the arena and when someone dies that boom sound goes off...yeah that's exactly what it sounds like every day! So this Sunday a group of us Polys sang at our devotional! I love music so much and it definitely brings the spirit. The 7 of us sang Love at Home. verse one in Spanish, verse 2 in Tongan, and verse 3 in English. It was so beautiful and I started crying while we were singing because the spirit was so strong. The MTC president, Tenorio loved our musical number and asked if we could do more numbers throughout my remaining time here. I am completely better from when I was sick last week. I think it was dehydration. Another big new is that I got one more companion and now Im in a trio! I love it so much. So my regular companion is Hermana Terry, and now I have Hermana Jolley. We were friends before and we just get along so well! She is my favorite and I'm kind of sad that just in 3 more weeks we will be leaving the Mexico MTC. My district also joined the choir and on Tuesday's devotional we sang As Sister in Zion, Well Bring the World His Truth in Spanish. It was so awesome. Everyone know me as the Hawaiian girl whos name is really hard to pronouce, who is always cold and wearing a snow coat, and who can sing. I love the MTC so much and getting to meet all sorts of people is so much fun! The days have gone by so quickly, Im loosing track of the days. My spanish is getting really good and I know that el don de lenguas es verdadero, the gift of tounges is true. Yo se que el evanjelio es verdadero y el profeta, Thomas S. Monson, es de lider para todos personas. I have mucho amor por Jesucristo y nosotros. Grasias por su oracions y bendices. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. I love you all and will email you next week! 








Luckily, despite the delay in her Pday email, we actually got her first Traditional Letter from her in the Mailbox on Monday.  So when we didnʻt hear from her, via email, we at least got to read and re-read her letters she sent.  Hereʻs some pics of that.  Sheʻs really such a sweetheart!







No comments:

Post a Comment